Skip sidebar navigation


COVID-19 Pandemic

  • Four-week freeze on social activities, non-essential outings

    Effective now through Dec. 16, Multnomah County residents are asked to stay home as much as possible due to the rapid spread of COVID-19. Statewide measures include:

    • Gatherings are limited to no more than six people total, from no more than two households – indoor and outdoor.
    • Reduce how often you gather in groups outside of your household.
    • Restaurants are delivery and takeout only.
    • Gyms, fitness organizations and entertainment venues are closed.
    • Parks and campgrounds remain open.
    • Grocery stores, pharmacies and retail stores are limited to 75% capacity. Curbside pick up is encouraged.
    • Face coverings are required for age 5 and up in public indoors and outdoors when you can't physically distance.

    Visit the State of Oregon COVID-19 pagefor more information.

    City response

    • Phase I
    • City Services
    • What the City is Doing
    Phase I

    Multnomah County and Gresham are in Phase 1 

    Restrictions remain in place, per state guidelines.

    In Gresham

    • Local cultural, civic and faith gatherings are allowed for up to 25 people indoors or 50 people outdoors, provided physical distancing can be in place.
    • Local social gatherings (house parties) are limited to 6 or fewer people, from no more than two households, indoors and outdoors.
    • Physical distancing continues. 
    • Parks and trails are open. Gresham parks amenities status
    • Large event gatherings are prohibited (festivals, concerts, etc.). 
    • City services are offered online or by phone; City Hall is closed to walk-in customers.
    • City staff continue to work from home when possible.

    Questions about face coverings, testing, public health, etc.? 

     Visit or call 211.

    Business owners

    COVID-19 guidance for businesses and employers

    City Services

    Pay a utility bill 

    We offer several ways to pay your water/sewer/wastewater bill:

    • Pay online or by text.
    • Drop off payments at the drop-box outside of City Hall at 1333 NW Eastman Parkway.
    • Mail payments to City of Gresham Utilities, 1333 NW Eastman Parkway, Gresham, OR  97030.
    • Call 1-844-813-4738 to pay by phone (a fee applies).

    The City has implemented a freeze on water shut-offs.

    Have a utility billing question? Visit or call 503-618-2373.

    Pay a bill online



    • We are not able to process new passport applications at this time. If you need to renew an expired passport, visit for instructions.
    • Contact us at 503-618-2619 or for additional information.

    Title liens and collections

    Contact Charlene at 503-618-2380 or

    Accounts payable

    Contact us at or call Donna at 503-618-2368 or Cindy at 503-618-2364.

    Accounts receivable

    Contact us at or call Donna at 503-618-2368.

    Business and rental housing licenses

    Visit or call 503-618-2370.

    Permit services

    Visit or call 503-618-2845.

    Planner on duty

    Information about development processes, zoning and more is available at or 503-618-2780.

    Rental housing inspections

    Visit or call 503-618-2248.

    Small Business Center assistance

    Visit or call 503-618-2872.

    Code compliance

    Visit or call 503-618-2463.


    Gresham parks are open, but visitors must maintain social distancing of six feet.  

    What the City is Doing
    • The City's state of emergency declaration ensures access to regional, state and federal resources. 
    • City services are being offered online or by phone. City Hall is closed to walk-in customers.
    • Essential services such as Police and Fire continue to serve the public. 
    • Our Emergency Operations Center is coordinating resources and responses to COVID-19. 
    • Visit our events calendar to for information about online meetings and events. 

    Food delivery fee cap

    To help struggling Gresham restaurants that are increasingly reliant on takeout and delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic the City enacted a temporary 15% cap on fees charged to restaurants by third-party food delivery platforms. Delivery platforms may not reduce the compensation or gratuities of drivers as a result of the fee cap.

    Report a violation

    If your business is charged a fee more than 15% of the purchase price of any order by any food delivery service, report the violation to or 503-618-2869.

    Provide this information:

    1. Business name
    2. Food delivery service name
    3. Date and amount of violation
    4. Documentation (receipt or screenshot) of the violation

    Read the press release.

    Residential renter protection

    City Council took emergency action March 19 to ban residential landlords from evicting renters during the state of emergency for any reason connected to the emergency, or for no reason at all via so-called “no-cause” evictions. The provisions apply for the duration of the declared emergency. Landlords violating the order risk losing their City of Gresham rental license, which allows them to conduct business in Gresham.

    Commercial tenant protection

    City Council took emergency action March 19 to bar commercial property owners from terminating commercial leases for any purpose connected to the declared state of emergency. Those violating the moratorium will be denied a license to conduct business at their location for one year following the conclusion of the state of emergency.

    Contact: 503-618-2463 or

    Small business emergency grants 

      A special economic recovery team at the City has processed three rounds of emergency grants in 2020.

      As more grant resources become available for businesses, information will be provided here. For assistance, call 503-618-2872.

      Small business technical assistance

      City staff are tracking the state, federal and private resources to help small businesses during this difficult time. Contact our Small Business Technical Assistance Team for information about these resources, or assistance preparing the required forms at or 503-618-2115.

      Operation Gresham Connected

      City staff are calling longtime Gresham utility account holders and other vulnerable residents to ensure people are safe and have the information they need. Staff will refer residents to services, and even do their best to help courier critical pickups and deliveries. Community-based organizations, churches or neighborhood groups with directories of vulnerable residents can reach out to Operation Gresham Connected, and staff will give them a call to check in.

      Contact Operation Gresham Connected

      Helping Hands utilities donation

      Residents may help neighbors experiencing hardship with their utility bills by donating to the City's Helping Hands program. It's free to donate and 100% goes to helping others. Make a donation.

    • Community resources

      Visit the Multnomah County Community Resources page for housing, job support, domestic violence help, access to health care, educational information, etc.

    • Public Health

      Visit Multnomah County’s COVID-19 page for information about: 

      • COVID-19 symptoms and testing 
      • What to do if you’re sick
      • How to care for a member of your family
      • Guidance for churches, schools and businesses

      Where to get tested

      Coronavirus COVID-19 Oregon case tracking 

      Food Access

      Community food resources

      SnowCap Community Charities

      Food pantry serving individuals and families in Gresham and East Multnomah County. 

      Who qualifies: Multnomah County residents living east of 82nd. No income restrictions.

      You will need to: If you are housed, provide proof of address dated within the last 30 days, such as a utility bill (electronic version on phone is fine). No other documents needed.

      To get help:

      1. Come to SnowCap. Minimum to no contact is needed. One person at a time per family, please. Location and hours at
      2. A friend, family member or helping professional may pick up food on your behalf. Send a note/text with them or call/email SnowCap to give your permission, 503-674-8785 or
      Birch Community Services

      Food, clothing and household items as well as financial self-sufficiency classes and one-on-one counseling for enrolled participants.

      Who qualifies: Working families who are not receiving SNAP or TANF, but struggling to make ends meet.
      You will need to: Apply online, meet with the financial counselor. A monthly service fee and volunteer hours are required.

      To get help: Apply online at or call 503-251-5431.

      Meals on Wheels

      Daily home-based meal deliveries.

      Who qualifies: Seniors.

      You will need to: The cost of each meal is $7.39. Diners over age 60 are asked to contribute what they can afford. 

      To get help: Visit to sign up or call 503-736-6325.

      Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

      Food, nutrition resources and more to support parents and their young children.

      Who qualifies: You could qualify for food assistance if you've lost income, and if you're pregnant, a new mom, or if you have a baby or young children under 5 years old. Open to dads, guardians and foster parents who can apply on behalf of their children.

      You will need to: Apply via phone. You will need ID, proof of income and proof you are an Oregon resident.

      To get help: Call 503-988-3503 or email

      Free breakfast and lunch school meals

      Who qualifies: Students K-12. Free breakfast and lunch is available at every school in Multnomah County.

      You will need to: Apply

      To get help:

      SNAP (food stamps)

      Benefits you can use to purchase food at grocery stores and farmers’ markets.

      Who qualifies: Those at 185% or less of federal poverty level. Example: A family of four making $3,970 or less a month.

      You will need: Proof of income for the last 30 days or a financial aid letter if you are a student.

      To get help: Learn more and sign up online at, call 503-320-6658 or email


      Other food pantries are open in Gresham but might require that you apply through the Oregon Food Bank or enroll in a program. 211 can help you navigate through the resources that work best for you and your family. 

      To get help: Call 2-1-1, email or text your zip code to 898211. Information is also online at

      Takeout and delivery guide

      The inclusion of the food and drink establishments is provided only as general information for the purposes detailed above and may be incomplete or outdated; the City of Gresham cannot and does not endorse or favor any business listed in this guide.

      Gresham takeout and delivery guide

      Renter Assistance

      Struggling to pay your rent? Facing eviction? Help is available!

      Renter rights

      Rent increases are still allowed during the state of emergency, but state law caps the increase to 9.9% in 2020.

      This rent increase cap does not apply to properties with a certificate of occupancy less than 15 years old, or properties providing reduced rent to the tenant as part of any federal, state or local program or subsidy.

      • Legal advice: Renters can contact Legal Aid of Oregon for free advice if they feel a rent increase is unlawful or if they have complaints about discrimination or other legal issues. Contact: 503-224-4086 
      • General information on renters’ rights: The Community Alliance of Tenants does not offer legal advice but can provide renters with information on what’s allowed. Renters Rights Hotline: 503-288-0130

      Rent assistance

      • 211: Connects individuals and families with services, including rent assistance, housing and shelter. Dial 211 or visit
      Mental health during COVID

      Take care of your mental health

      You may experience increased stress during this pandemic. Fear and anxiety can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions. Help is available:

      Donations and Volunteering
      Multnomah County donation and volunteer program 

      Helping Hands utilities donations: Residents may help neighbors experiencing hardship with their utility bills by donating to the City's Helping Hands program. It's free to donate and 100% goes to helping others. Make a donation.  
      Internet Access

      Oregon Lifeline: State program that reduces monthly cost of phone or broadband service for qualifying low-income Oregon households 

      Some internet service providers have lifted data caps, expanded low-income programs and offer enhanced tele-education services: